3.28.2016

Poppy's Baptism

3.28.2016
 photo DSC_5411800P.jpg  photo DSC_5415800P.jpg  photo DSC_5421800P.jpg  photo DSC_5426800P.jpg
Our holy week was full.

Paul and Elizabeth were here and joined me at church for Palm Sunday. The children's choir sang, "I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise. I will say this is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice for He has made me glad. He has made me glad. He has made me glad. I will rejoice for He has made me glad". While I was growing up, my mother would sing hymns to us to put us to bed. I remember her singing this song regularly.

Ted and I went to the Maundy Thursday communion service to commemorate the Last Supper. As stated in our churches bulletin "Here our hope is visualized at His table, the powerful symbol of the grace that holds us together in Christ". 

During the invitation to communion, we began to sing "This Is My Commandment".

This is my commandment that you love one another that your joy may be full.

This is my commandment that you honor one another that your joy may be full.

This is my commandment that you forgive one another that your joy may be full.

This is my commandment that you love one another that your joy may be full.

I want to keep repeating the words of the hymn. What a full weekend of events that are so vital to my faith and powerful to my own life. On the night of Jesus' betrayal, he washed the disciples' feet. "Christ took a towel and washed the disciples' feet, giving us an example that we should do to others as he had done to us." (exert from churches bulletin). Taking communion to celebrate what Easter means for each of us personally in faith, we celebrate the depths of His love for us.

On Easter Sunday, we had Poppy baptized at the sunrise service at Lindquist beach.

My prayer for Poppy is that her life be filled with grace upon grace. I pray that she comes to saving faith in Jesus Christ.

I am so thankful for a family of believers to help us raise her up in faith both near and far.

After her baptism, we made it to the traditional service. The traditional Easter service last year was one of the most beautiful and special services I've ever attended which is saying a lot considering my childhood was consisted of one continuing church service. This year was just the same. The congregation was invited to place flowers on the cross. The cross which once only symbolized death now is celebrated with Life. Life eternal. Life everlasting. The Cross blooms with Life because Jesus humbled Himself unto death taking upon my sin and your sin. He didn't just die. He conquered death. The Cross blooms because

He is Risen.

Happy Baptism Day, Poppy Emmaline.

 photo DSC_5471.jpg

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio