5.31.2016

Poppy 10 months

5.31.2016
I was a highly emotional first time mom. I couldn't stand to be away from Wells, at all. With Poppy, I didn't feel the need to be attached at every moment. Hello second child.

I don't love her less. Nor do I want to be with/out her, but it was different. I have grown into my mommy underpants, I suppose. I don't need her to need me. (Although, I thought, I didn't need Wells to need me.) Actually, it would be great if she didn't need me as much as Wells had needed me in his first year. (Side note, nothing against Wells, he was a breeze through baby stages. I loved every minute of it. It's just, I was there for every minute of his first year.)

Recently, all my feels have been coming out like in those first few months of being a first time mom. When I'm away from her, my heart yearns to know what she is doing and be with her. After she is in bed, I stay up and look at picture of her just like I did with Wells. Nothing, necessarily, has changed at all, except that I'm head over heels for P.

Last month, we were coming off her illness and constant whining. We swung right into this past month very chill. Poppy's stranger danger has become a whole lot better. She still screeches all girlie when upset, bored, and whatever.

Poppy crawls everywhere and always trying to figure out ways to the stairs. She's nose dived over toys, off chairs, and etc. Who says only boys are physical. This girl is all about the dare.

Her laugh fills our house constantly. She is consistently trying to play with Wells, even when he keeps telling her "Go away, Poppy." Second child problems. Or is it first child problems.

Poppy loves to ride on Ted's shoulders, chew on the apple TV remote, and eats anything she is given.

My breastfeeding relationship with Wells was instantaneous, a deep bond from birth. Poppy has always seemed like she could careless about breastfeeding until now. Now she definitely wants milk. And, she also expresses contentment and cheerful sighs after feedings. It's adorable and I'm so glad this is going strong. She does eat solid food all the time! Like as much as Wells, it is insane.

Poppy is now happily content 99.9% of the time riding in the car. Phew, PTL! Timely, as we are planning our road trip this summer.

She stand while holding on and about 30 seconds if she lets go, with zero interest in standing any longer. So obviously, Poppy has no interest in walking. I'm not worried about it one bit. (Wells started walking the week of his first birthday.)

Poppy loves shoving sand in her mouth at the beach and being in the water. She enjoys movers and shakers class, for the most part. BUT, the biggest thing about this month is the fact that we moved her out of our bed and into the pack and play. She is now sleeping through the night again. Good heavens, yes! Now I just need to be sleep trained myself.

This is our last month in our home here in St. Thomas. We have one trip stateside this month too. We can't wait to be with family and friends. Next month's post, I will posting from a hotel room and we will be about to move off island.

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio