1.28.2010

Heart Pounding

1.28.2010
You probably didn't know, but the orginal plan was for me to stay with my mother-in-law while Ted was in training in Virginia. It was kind of like a last minute deal we scored for me to move along with Ted. This is how it went. Ted and I drove his car to Virginia. I had a flight back to New Orleans where I was to pick up my car and drive to Dallas/Fort Worth for 2 1/2 months. We had planned two trips in between where I would fly into Virginia for a visit.

ANYWAYS, plans changed and I'm sooooooooooooooooo hhhhhapppppyyyyy they did. Because I don't think I could have managed being away from Ted that long. Instead of picking up my car and driving to Texas ...... I drove back to Virginia all by myself in which I'm very proud. Point being 'all by myself'.

I did make a stop in Atlanta for the night and crashed at a friend from high schools apartment. It took me about an hour to figure out that I had been in the wrong apartment complex on this STEEP mountain looking for her building number. Once I found the right complex with the right building number, I waiting again for some guys hanging out right right by where I was to pick up her spare key. I of course didn't want to go and get the key with them out. So, I waited in my car listening to some fun music.

Finally, they left and I found the hidden key and let myself in. I quickly changed into some comfy night clothes, turned on a movie, poured a glass of wine, and took a nap.

I woke up abruptly to 8 HUGE MEN who kicked down the front door and where now invading my friend (who I hadn't seen in at least the last 3 years) apartment. I not fully clothed and sleepy freaked!?!? I had the gusto to yell GET OUT!! pointing to the door GET THE FFF***#&@* OUT!!!! I freaked them out and they actually heeded my words and left. I quickly tried to figure out what the heck was going on while trying to put on some more clothes.

A minute later and a bit more decent, I answered the knocking on the door. Ma'am we are firefighters a pipe burst in your apartment flooding the building. OH! I get it now. I'm still shaking though. They march around the apartment and found that the pipe that was gushing was actually outside the apartment.

I cried. I was so tired, emotional, and completely freaked out. They knew they had freaked me out. The chief firefighter felt so bad. Seriously apologized for the abruptness countless times. Cheeks red, eyes pouring, and heart pounding..... I accepted his apology.

Thanks Atlanta Fire Department. I did call me friend and let her know what was happening and she even left work to come back.



























I FOUND A JOB!!!

I'm working at a local coffee shop in Williamsburg about 20 minutes away.
Its a cute little shop with oh-my-goodness-gracious the best coffee ever !!! We roast beans in shop and have over 25 different blends. This is only making my coffee intake triple. So happy to be employed.

Since we have been here, I've almost through cooking out the window. And I hate it. I love to cook. I am making some ooey gooey bars and a chocolate sheet cake to take to a potluck on Saturday at a church we've been attending. Read on for recipe...

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio