11.23.2015

EXFOLIATE.

11.23.2015

At a holiday meal a few years ago, someone alerted me that Wells was about to eat something under the table as the meal was being cleared. I quickly peeked under and came up with a wave of my hand 'Oh, it's just turkey'. Thankfully, it was shredded and not cubed. There was nothing to worry about.

Over a year ago, as I was adapting to island life, I realized Wells may be eating a lot of sand. Beach and snacks are going to mix and I felt okay about it. On play dates, I realized some moms weren't okay with this and used corks (aka pacifiers) to keep the sand at bay. Childhood should be filled with mud pies. You can't have pie that you don't at least taste, right?

One day, Wells was eating sand crusted apples on the beach. He finished them and we were walking to take another dip in the aqua blues. This is when I looked to my left at an older local gentlemen in his tight-y whitey's. Oh, he's in his underwear on the beach. Okay. Wait, what is he doing!

Older gentlemen in his tight-y whitey's exfoliating his entire body (head to toes) WITH SAND.

Our snacks were never crusted in sand again! 


No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio