5.13.2010

Confessions of a Southern Girl

5.13.2010

1. True I was born in Bronx, NY. Raised in Staten Island. Lived in Jersey. BUT the truth is I've lived in New Orleans. It has become who I am. It is home.

2. Before we knew we were moving to Philly, I had no idea Philadelphia was such a inspirational place. I often thought of it as 'Filth-a-delphia'.

3. Living without a car. Ok, so we still technically have both of our cars. However, one is being stored and the other I never even see. City life is so different then living in the South. I love not relaying on an automobile to get me from point A to point B. I love walking. Especially when the weather is nice.

4. I extra petrified of the winter! Seriously, for the last ten years I've survived with a light jacket. I will need winter clothes.

5. Yes, New Orleans has its urban flair. Many people do survive without a car. New Orleans is the South. Everyone knows people in the south are chipper, sweet, and live a slow pace of life.  Surprisingly Philly hasn't greeted me with that many cold shoulders (but it ain't the South).

6. When is it going to be summer weather?

7. I'm shocked at how humid it is here. Nola and Philly have that in common.

8. How are we suppose to survive without crawfish? I've looked everywhere. I can't even find frozen crawfish. This is a big let down. I will have to substitute with shrimp. I always remember my mom cooking with shrimp in New York.
Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio