12.14.2013

Hot & Steamy

12.14.2013
A friend of ours invited us to resurrect our roles of Mary & Joseph at her church's Christmas Live production. They just needed a hour and a half fill, so we obliged. The weather wasn't conducive for a real baby Jesus so we planned to part with Wells leaving him in the churchs nursery.

We've left Wells with my mom a few times like when she was here, while I was in the hospital for surgery and when we were visiting Louisiana a few months ago. Other than that we've left Wells twice. Once being with our friends wonderful mom and we were gone a whole hour and some change. Twice was the night before last when we attended Ted's work Christmas party. This was the first time we've paid for babysitting. Our friend Matt's sister came over and everything went without a hitch. I even enjoyed the event and didn't feel anxious.

Christmas Live is such a great production. Groups of people are guided from scene to scene outside and the story tells the entire life of Jesus. There are more animals than you could imagine to get the true Bethlehem-esque vibe. Peacocks, goats, donkeys, horses, cows, a camel, sheep, chickens, you get the picture. Upon arriving I dropped my sleeping baby off in the nursery and put on an insane amount of layers to fight the cold night. I went back to check on Wells and sure enough he was just waking. I settled him into the nursery and he was playing happily.

Two hours passed and I went to check on my babe, I was waiting for someone to open the locked glass nursery door scanning the crowd for Wells. I couldn't spot him. Odd. Finally someone came to let me in. I explained I'm looking for my baby, Wells. A few workers look frazzled and looked back and forth from two closed doors. One kind of hesitated before opening one of the doors. There was my baby... screaming in a dark room with a stranger holding him the oddest way.

Oh my, my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

I took my screaming baby and went into another room to calm him and nurse him. The second the door closed, I was a hot mess and not just because I was digging through eight layers to find boob. I cried steamy tears. He was so freaked out. After he was feed and we had a moment, he was fine. I was fine. BUT, boy my heart was sore. I'm not saying anything wrong was happening in the nursery. But, something felt off. I was so happy to rescue my boy.

Lots of snuggles today, we will work on gaining our independence from each other another day.

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio