12.09.2013

Living My Dream

12.09.2013




When I was little my two favorite things to play were school - because I was home schooled and fantasized about going to a real school - and house. Typical childish games. (Might I add, we would also play Noah's Ark countless times with family friends. I'm a PK, can you tell?) High school came and I had list of things I could see myself doing like being a hairstylist (I looked into going to Aveda), photographer (looked into going to the Art Institute in Chicago), family counselor (my first major in college), and a chef (later graduated culinary school). Even when I chose to go to culinary school, it was toss up. I had six different interests that I could go with: accounting, elementary education, photography, culinary, videography, or graphic design. BUT, all along the way all I've ever really wanted to do is be a wife and MOM. For this, I have never apologized. I'm t h a t girl and I'm absolutely comfortable with it.

Pinpointing an interest was always hard because it always came up secondary to being a mom. When I was single, I may have mentioned to a few people "I'd get married just to have babies". Obviously that would be a horrible reason to get married but that's how bad I wanted to be a mom. I always thought I'd be that person that got married and immediately had children. 

Ends up we decided to wait a few years before having kids and it served us well. But, now my life is so rich with a stellar husband and my firstborn son. While Ted's at work, I get to stay home nurturing my boy, fostering his growth, teaching him tricks, and lavishing love on him. Some days are mundane and it can be hard to stay motivated to get everything done, but thats okay. I just enjoy being Wells mom and Ted's wife which has always been my dream. More importantly, I believe motherhood is a calling, my calling.


No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio