10.22.2014

One Step Forward

10.22.2014

It all started with Ted, two weeks ago. He started coughing. Other than a slight cough, he felt fine. A few days later, Wells started coughing. A week later, Wells was still coughing and showing no other symptoms.

A week and two days later, I was hit like a mack track with a head cold from hell. My cough came with vengeance and the whole sha-bang! - burning throat, ears, and migraines. Zero energy and achey from head to toe. As my illness took its toll, Wells's cough picked up a bit too. It really made my chest hurt to hear him coughing until almost choking.

After feeling like I was having trouble breathing, I called the doctor and rushed on the first available appointment. The doctor was quirky. He prescribed me an inhaler to clear my lungs, which seemd to help a little bit. Didn't say much else... At Wells's doctor's appointment, doctor wasn't as concerned and thought he was breathing fine just ride out the cough. If not better, come back in.

A few days ago, I had a ash breakout on my feet for two hours. No fever. I called the doctor and he made it clear to not come in. "Just go to bed", he said, "you will probably start feeling extremely miserable. If so, you have chikungunya. Goodbye."

So, after a week of bronchitis (hoping not to get pneumonia), now I have to gear up for the dreadful chikungunya. Wonderful!

For about twelve hours, I was anticipating feeling like I was going to die. Thankfully, it hasn't hit and thinking I am in the clear for now. It's been 48 hours and I've seen on facebook people typing off their chikun-misery. My heart hurts for them.

I keep getting glimpses of health and ideas of maybe we can get out of the house tomorrow!! Then, tomorrow comes and either Wells or myself show new or existing symptoms that would be frowned upon in public.

One step forward, two steps back.



No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio