1.22.2014

Beep. Beep. Beep.

1.22.2014
Flatline.

Mama had a heart attack yesterday.

Yesterday started off calmly as the snow started falling, I start cooking and Wells played at my feet. Ted came home early. Wells was off and on Mr. Cranks. I believe, we have hit *teething* where he has his fist in his mouth but can't take the edge off. He just moans a lot. I'll continue with good updates on where he is on next Tuesday.

After clean diaper, full stomach, and lots of play.. I put him down for a nap in his crib. He stayed asleep all of 2 minutes before realizing I was gone. Ted and I decided to let him cry it out and fall back asleep. I turned down the volume on our video monitor and went on with my business. Fifteen minutes later (which in mom time is an eternity) I buckled and had to check on him. I grabbed my phone and checked the video stream.

OH MY, WHAT THE !!!@*%!?/1?!?

Wells was STANDING... leaning into the crib.

I was in unbelief and still am. I darted up two flights of stairs as my heart was skipping beats.

I found Wells in a full out wail STANDING in his crib. His face beet red, scratched, and tears gushing. He saw me & smiled. Little terd.

I am dumbfounded. I get anxious just thinking about what would have happened if he flipped over the rail. I can't explain how this happened except where there is a WILL there is a WAY.

Ted lowered the bed and he won't be climbing over any time soon.

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio