2.24.2014

I have a good feeling.

2.24.2014
A few weeks ago, as I was anxiously awaiting our orders, I asked Ted if some of the locations were still an option. St. Thomas was included in my question. He really thought it wasn't likely. I went on researching the other 20 or so locations that were possibilities. (You can read about all our location possibilities here.) Last thursday came as a big surprise. One because I had just settled into the waiting game. I was talking with a friend the night before and said it's probably going to be another month or maybe we aren't even moving. And I was content with it.

Thursday morning, I responded to a few emails and sipped on coffee. Wells slept in. Ted called and told me to pull up my email which only meant one thing. Our orders! Ted was nervous and so was I. With one click our next few years lies. Where would it be? He clicked, I clicked. I was the first to shout out 'ST THOMAS'. We both kind of sat stunned. Surreal. Our immediate reactions were happy yet very surprised. 

The next few hours I was so shocked. I called all my family members and close friends retelling them our news. Everyone was so encouraging and excited for us. I was still really shocked and was thinking about how different life will be for us to live on an island. A really expensive island. My questions were in this order. 

1. Will my milk be available to buy? (I drink Lactaid because I'm allergic to dairy.)
2. Can I have a baby there? Midwife? Home birth?
3. Can we still get Amazon prime?
4. Will I have cell phone service?
5. Will Wells have friends?
6. Do they speak english? 

Over the course of the day, the idea settled in. Now even a few days later, the move seems surreal. My questions have been answered and I'm searching for more answers to all my new questions. I'm really, really excited. I think it will be different for us. A good different. A sunshine, salty water, hiking, outdoors different. I can't wait. Now we have a few months to work out all the details of the move, make trips home (LA/TX), fill our wardrobes with summer clothes, buy sunscreen in bulk, and say our goodbyes. All the looming details have me making a ton of lists which I do best. 

Goodbye is going to be so hard. On the other hand, hello to St. Thomas will be so exciting. 


No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio