11.11.2014

The Best Kind of People

11.11.2014

A little bit of pretty inspiration to get into my birthday week mood. That calm color of minty green. Floral Nikes, yes ma'am. That stunning hair wrap braid, I doubt I could replicate. That sweet quote of true friendships that blossom from genuine acceptance, encouragement, and belief. A simple cake with just enough green. A tablescape perfect for celebrating and that dotted dress that I'd love to wear but probably would make me look like a balloon.

It is the time of year when Ted and I share a day to celebrate our lives and remember how old we are. I'm turning 28 and Ted is turning 27 on saturday! Our celebrating plans have been put on hold. Ted found out yesterday he will have to work through the weekend. Of all weekends, this one... really.

I actually contemplated flying up to NYC for a little city therapy and quick visit to Ellen & Lauren. When I couldn't find a direct flight there and BACK, I decided I didn't want to weather a 11+ hour travel day with Wells solo. So, raincheck! The idea was very helpful in being hopeful for a birthday celebration turnaround. Really, it is not that bad. I do have a wee bit of island fever, but soon enough will make it mainland. I do miss the city and can't wait to eventually make a girls weekend trip to NYC.

In the end, I'll take a beach day and maybe a hop to another island.

Thankfully, I am finally getting my hairs colored and my split ends chopped this week. It has been since last April and you can definitely tell. I need some major help. My roots are almost as bad as when I had a newborn and my split ends far worse than anything I've ever had. I'm not going to impulse cut into a bob or chop bangs, I don't think. 

Quote from above - 'The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life, and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too. The people that love you, simply for being you. The once in a lifetime people.'

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio