11.10.2014

40 sleeps

11.10.2014



Last year, we were in Kentucky visiting my brother Paul and his girlfriend. A few months after our visit, she became his fiance and in 40 days she will become his wife. We are stoked about the wedding and celebrating all weekend and beyond. We really loved our very short visit to Lexington last fall and really anytime we are able to spend time with them. I am also looking forward to spending just over a week there again after the wedding with my parents in Lexington. It seems crazy it will be cold when here is still the same 80-ish degrees daily. I hope to play in snow with Wells. Go shopping. Eat donuts and all the other delicious food that Lexington has to offer.

Today I played this video for Wells and kept prompting him to say 'Paul' which I think he tempted before he started cracking himself up giggling to himself in the video. Although the video is so homemade, I love looking back to this weekend trip. The middle of the night driving with a little three month old and a few clips of when we visited the Woodford Distillery and cozy nights in at Elizabeth's house. There was so much more that we packed into this weekend trip and much of it had to do with food. Lexington has some really great food and brews for cheap - it's a college town! Ted and Paul went to a football game with Paul's roomies while Elizabeth and I shopped for Christmas presents. We visited their church and spent a day with Elizabeth's parents. Lastly, we survived staying with college guys guys - complete bachelor pad with a little one. I didn't actually bathe him all weekend in fear of the tub...Wipes come in handy. Geezem' I miss my brother! Phone calls, text messages, and facetime do not do face to face justice. He is one of the coolest people I know. He is smart (an electrical engineer) extremely generous, can cook your socks off, funny and quick witted, has good physical humor, doesn't take himself too serious, great with babies (and kids), likes nice things but knows how to save, spoils the people he loves, and is the perfect person to call when I need someone to listen.

I am so happy we all decided to meet up in St. Thomas after all the wedding shin-digs for New Years Eve! I will gladly hoard Elizabeth and Paul's attention to my little family as we bring in 2015. Our third consecutive New Years with the two of them... each year in a different location. This is a tradition I hope to keep.

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio