7.13.2015

Pushing The Limits

7.13.2015

I've realized one constant within parenting, we set the tone and lead our children to their success. This in theory is a no brainer. Of course, we do. When you really are in the thick of it, it's harder to see the day to day effort put forth to the daily advancement of their development. Deep in newborn everything is extremely fresh and it takes time to find a new normal not to mention helping them develop their muscle tone.

Many times, I've found in my experience that it takes me being ready for Wells to hit the next step. From initially transferring him to his crib to our newest venture in potty training, it was more that I needed to be ready. He only followed my lead as I nudged him to wean or ditch the diaper. Kids are very adaptable especially as babies and early toddlers. I do think later when they are more verbal, they can better refuse and protest more fervently.

It took so much mental strength to start weaning Wells from breastfeeding, because I thought it was going to backfire. But, it just took diligence and each day it became easier. If I let the what if's or fear of backfire to dictate when I start to nudge Wells forward, I could potentially hinder his personal growth. On the flip side, I want his growth to come at an organic pace and not be forced into submission. It's tricky, no?

Mainly, I want to be aware of cues to where I need to meet him. Right now, he is learning new words everyday and loving talking. I've been trying to set aside small intervals of time where I intentionally try to teach him new words such as his colors or numbers.

What I don't want is to be a crazy mom to where I don't let him be a kid and enjoy each stage. But, I also don't want to hinder his growth because I'm too busy or seemingly lazy.

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio