9.23.2015

9 MONTHS and counting...

9.23.2015

Here we are again with a calendar marking out days until our next pending move. Oh baby, it takes a year to fully transition. Since we are working on our wish list to submit, my mind jumps all the way to the beginning of next year and finding out where I'll be spending the next 4 to 5 years.

I am currently 7 weeks and 6 days postpartum. My night sweats have ceased and I'm finding a good rhythm of being a mother of two children. I couldn't imagine any other way nor would I wish it any different. Wells just started going to "school" Monday - Friday half days. I wake up thirty minutes earlier in order to get us all out of the door, Wells to school, and return home by 8:15. It's a great feeling of accomplishment each day that we successfully run through the routine. This new schedule has me thinking about how wonderful living in the city would be right now. Instead of packing into the car for 15-20 minute ride to and from school, we could be walking and exploring.

Our lives have mellowed to a simplistic medium of island life. We don't need much to be happy, not even central air conditioning. Shopping has almost come to a complete halt or so it seems. If I can't use my five sense to shop that I don't consider it real. Online shopping is misleading and unsatisfying for me. It's a mail war of returns and I'm losing miserably. After trying on five different bathing suit tops, only two of them actually semi-fit my newly milking chest. The dress I just ordered looks nothing like the picture and the arm wholes come down to my rib cage. It should be considered torture to keep a postpartum mom away from decent shopping stores. I buckled and ran into Rainbow and left with shirt that I wore a handful of times. I finally washed it and put it on the line to dry. I pulled it out to wear the other day and it was half it's original size. I may just keep buying the shirt whenever I feel like I want to wear it.

I actually really enjoy our island lifestyle. I am anticipating a cooler fall/winter season. I remember the first time it hit me that we lived in paradise. We were out at Yacht Haven Grande the sun was beaming, but it felt like I was standing right outside of a jewelry store on Main St. with the air conditioning seeping onto the sidewalk. I finally knew what people meant about the breeze being cool. It was paradise, finally.

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio