9.24.2015

Wells' Second Birthday

9.24.2015


It was a perfect day to celebrate our two year old at Magen's Bay. Wells was grinning the entire time. The swan was a hit with the everyone and the duck never fully inflated. We loved sharing the day with so many wonderful friends that truly have become our island family. I am so glad we decided to celebrate his birthday two weeks early, because Poppy was born two days after his actual birthday.

I feel the need to disclose some of our hiccups of the day. First, let me first state that I was 36 weeks pregnant. Ted went out to the beach at sunrise and set out a few things to "claim" our perfect spot. He came home and I had everything ready to load. We headed down to the beach and set up our decorations. Then a truck came and start unloading right on top of our claimed area. Huh! I waddled over to him and explained we claimed this spot as of 5:30 that morning. He argued nonsense. I stood my ground, but was becoming rather irritated at his refusal to set up somewhere else. After going back and forth, I was on the verge of tears. Did I mention I was 36 weeks pregnant?! Ted swayed me to just move our stuff down the beach instead of getting into it for the rest of the day. We moved and set up back with our set up plans. Thankfully, my amazing friend helped with all the loose ends.

I had been warned over and over that icing melts fast and to bring the icing for cupcakes and ice on site. I pulled out the icing and it was frozen. We managed to ice the cupcakes. Although it wasn't pretty, the simple buttercream icing was delicious. Wells could careless what it looked like as long as he was eating it!

All in all, we had the best day. Most importantly, Wells was oozing excitement.





















No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio