11.30.2009

Taking help where it's offered

11.30.2009
Almost immediately after Ted popped the question magazines filled my coffee table. All my girl friends cut out ideas, text-mail, and loads of emails. I enjoyed looking and looking. I knew that the decorations of the wedding were going have to wait until all the 'big stuff' was taken care of. I knew, I wanted a venue with lots of character for several reasons. I love simplicity. If the building was gorgeous than I could get by on minimal items to make the atmosphere. If my budget would have allowed believe me I would have went all out and personalized everything. 

Our first plan was to have the ceremony and reception in the French Quarter at Musee Conte' Wax Museum. This venue was doable if we set out to both work second jobs (or we were thinking about getting married 'on paper' and collecting our marriage income which in the end we didn't think was wise). The building was rustic with wood beams, wood floors, brick walls, french quarter charm, and a the museum would have been open for the reception. Halfway through our wedding planning, we both had a revelations. We were planning a big event for everyone. Yes, we loved the venue. Yes, we loved all we were planning. However, we were working outside of a reasonable budget. We starting thinking BIG on a small scale.

Back to reality, we ended up booking out church which we loved as well. Keeping with a minimal guest list (like i mention on my cake post). Our church is building which actually had the same charm as the Musee Conti. 

I worked alongside one of my wonderfully talented friends Mya Frey with our flowers. She ended up picking out and picking up our flowers the week of the wedding. She knew the 'idea of what I wanted' and she ran with it. Although, if I were to plan away again I'd probably give up something in order to spend a little bit more on flowers. But what we had, I loved. It wasn't my 'first choice' but it was beautiful. 

Working again with our treasure Mississippi wood, orchids, candles, and mason jars we filled the atmosphere. I ended up spending $300 for all decorations and flowers combined (not including the fabric for the backdrop).  

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio