12.08.2009

Looking for Hope

12.08.2009
The holidays are here and I love it! This years Christmas shopping has been stress free! Which in the midst of the move, I am very thankful. I heard this quote the other day on a Pastor I really respects twitter and it stuck:

' I have decided to have the Best Christmas Ever. Not an event that happens to me. An attitude inside of me. '

Without decorations up and really getting into the spirit of the holidays with normal things has given me time to think about the meaning of Christmas and really reflect on heart issues. I've been thinking a bunch about what the most important thing about this time of year is. Celebrating the birth of Jesus! And loving people! This is the passage I read today and a little song I found on a John Piper blog.

Romans 12:6-8
Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; 8 the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

Jesus, take my bent away
For thinking much of me,
And kill my pride, and from this day
With mercy make me free.
Jesus, grant the gift to see
The treasure that you are,
And as the night eclipses me,
be my Morning Star.

And now if I should serve, or lead,
Or give, or mercy show,
O Jesus, let my love be freed,
And like a river flow.
O Jesus, be the treasure of
My heart and all I do,
And may the river of my love
Alone make much of you.

My emotions have been all over the place lately. I've shed way too many tears. My only hope is Jesus! I cling to the Cross.  I put fill trust in Almight Sovereign God and my heart is at ease. Ted has been so gracious this week, praying for me and holding me while I try to sort out all kind emotions.

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio