11.26.2009

Thanksgiving

11.26.2009

Turkey. Dressing. Mashed potatoes. Cranberry Sauce. Gravy. Pies.

Thanksgiving definately doesn't feel like Thanksgiving without it all.

Today we drove to Lafayette to spend some time with my grandparents. Tomorrow we are having lunch with the family. But my grandma decided to smoke some chicken and have scalloped potatoes instead of anything festive and normal. I'm now thankful for our the years past of delicious food that I regretted eating so much of at the end of the day. I'm also sorry I ever complained about eating turkey leftovers for days. Next years Thanksgiving whereever we live will be a tranditional stuff your face with Thanksgiving GOODNESS.

Happy Thanksgiving.

On another note: what are we celebrating on Thanksgiving. At church our pastor talked about celebrating the Eucharist. It was very interesting and perfect for a Thankgiving. Eucharist means "the giving of thanks". This month marks 9 years since I receive Christ in my life. Throughout my life I've taken communion. Many times, its out of routine and now with true thanksgiving in my heart. Jesus said to do it in rememberance. Its not simply a ritual that we much continue but a beholding in the heart that bumbles over true thankfulness for the cross and its work in our lives.

So about Thanksgiving. What are we celebrating? Family, Food, and Football. Thats the answer you receive, if you ask anyone how their Thanksgiving was. Should we mention how we ubberly, undeniably, excitedly thankful!

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio