2.25.2011

100 things I love about Philadelphia

2.25.2011
We are coming up on making a full year living in Philadelphia. I decided to write a list of all the reasons way I've come to love Philadelphia.


1. I love Center City (downtown)
2. I love our loft
3. I love first fridays in Old City.
4. I love shopping on Walnut St. (Zara, Anthro, H&M, Urban, Paper Source, etc.)
5. I love springtime in Philly.
6. I love the annual flower show just as spring starts.
7. I love Reading Terminal Market.
8. I love playing frisbee at the park.
9. I love all the history nearby.
10. I love the italian man that has a food cart at our corner that tells me good morning as I'm on my way to work.
11. I love the new Jonathan Adler store in Old City.
12. I love Clark park in West Philly.
13. I love walking around UPenn campus.
14. I love Arts on South
15. I love Art to Save the World.
16. I love thifting in Philly.
17. I love when people play music in the subway.
18. I love Filter Square across from the main library.
19. I love Jims steaks on South (way better than Gino's).
20. I love Honey & Milk cafe in West Philly.
21. I love snow dusted trees.
22. I love walking to the grocery.
23. I love the convenience of public transportation.
24. I love the Jewish Community Center in Old City.
25. I love my gym
26. I love summer strolls with Italian ice in hand.
27. I love the diversity of the city.
28. I love the Love Tour in West Philly.
29. I love walking in and out of antique shops and homewares stores on Pine St.
30. I love bike rides in bike lanes.
31. I love row homes.
32. I love the Please Touch Museum (best childrens museum I've been too).
33. I love the elder man that sells the morning paper in the subway that continualy says "get your daily news, daily news" and still nods me a good morning.
34. I love the row boats going down the Schuylkill.
35. I love the Pop Shop.
36. I love experiencing ALL four seasons.
37. I love ice skating during Christmas time at Penn's Landing.
38. I love Trader Joes.
39. I love China Town.
40. I love hopping on the train to go to NYC
41. I love free admission to the Art Musuem every Sunday.
42. I love the flowers for sale at Reading Terminal Market and all the fresh meat and produce.
43. I love the 10 Arts at the Ritz.
44. I love West Elm.
45. I love shopping in Old City's local clothing shops.
46. I love LaScalle's - best Italian food.
47. I love New Year's Eve on the Delaware River.
48. I love the little neighborhood restaurants.
49. I love boat house row lit up at night.
50. I love main st in Manayunk.
51. I love that main st. kind of has a New Orleans theme with the names of stuff.
52. I love farmers markets.
53. I love the Christmas Village by City Hall.
54. I love just outside center city its green and hill-y.
55. I love little coffee shops in Chestnut hill.
56. I love hoagies from WaWa.
57. I love that DC, NYC, and Boston are all close by along with other wonderful places.
58. I love the bowling alley above West Elm.
59. I love the Kind of Prussia mall (its HUGE)
60. I love walking street where they are filming movies.
61. I love the art supply store under West Elm.
62. I love the carousel and mini golf at Franklin Sq. park
63. I love all the buildings that surround Rittenhouse.
64. I love people watching at Rittenhouse and the man that sings on the corner.
65. I love the Italian Market.
66. I love the batman garage door right off south st.
67. I love fabric row.
68. I love that Ikea is close by.
69. I love sitting by the window at different coffee shops with Ted as its snowing outside.
70. I love cobbelstone streets.
71. I love the cajun restaurant on Front St.
72. I love that the Chef is from Lafayette and they will have crawfish boils.
73. I love fresh bread from the Metropolitan Bakery in University City.
74. I love sledding at Clark Park.
75. I love that they have a whole work force that keeps the sidewalks clean.
76. I love all the good food that is in Philly. (one foodie city to the next)
77. I love all the libraries scattered throughout the city.
78. I love that the Poconos and hiking spots are close by.
79. I love the independent film theatre is 2 blocks from our loft.
80. I love the Thai place right behind our building. (first place we ate at once we moved in)
81. I love the courtyard at Restaurant M.
82. I love that they play jazz music on wednesday nights at Restaurant M.
83. I love that they have dancing above Beaumonde.
84. I love restaurant week.
85. I love Rhittenhouse festival and all the other festivals around the city.
86. I love local corner groceries.
87. I love SNOW DAYS!
88. I love Madmen cafe's almond croussiants.
89. I love day trips to Lancaster.
90. I love that Philly has Smoothie King.
91. I love walking to work.
92. I love the Belgian cafe on Walnut St. (their praline butter puts Nutella to shame)
93. I love that every restaurant and cafe posts calories next to what you can order.
94. I love Fairmont park and how BIG it is.
95. I love yoga class. (want to love hot yoga or whatever its called..)
96. I love all the french people that live in our building.
97. I love dog friendly cafes.
98. I love our CHURCH!! and FRIENDS!!! and CARE GROUP!!
99. I love sitting in my window people watching.
100. I love our large double shower head shower. 

1 comment :

ashley said...

Love this list! Makes me want to visit the States even more now. x

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio