9.16.2013

A day with us

9.16.2013


Last monday was normal. I decided to document our day. I made it halfway through before I started feeling bad. Long story short, I ended up in the ER last week with gallstones. The surgical team thinks I passed two stones before I even came in. The gallbladder attack that landed me in the ER was the third time it happen. The first attack I didn't know what was going on. The second I called my midwife and she insisted I go to the ER. I should have listened but I didn't. I couldn't fathom bringing Wells to the hospital and making Ted stay up all night. I was rolling, crawling, and in the worst pain of my life. I remember telling my midwife 'I think I'm having another baby I'm in so much pain'.

A few days after my second attack Ted ended up getting two infections one on his neck and the other on his leg. So, I was happy my pain seemed to be over as we focused our efforts on getting Ted better. It didn't end there. My third attack landed us in the hospital. My gallstones seemed to be in the ducts leading to my liver upon coming in to the hospital. My liver was read off the charts and it was scary. After the dreadful MRI (which wasn't as bad as I imagined), they concluded the stones weren't as bad as they thought but we would need to remove my gallbladder and the rest of the stones stat. Fast forward three days, surgery was successful and I'm miserable. I've been in the worst pain of my life similar to being in labor for several days.

I can't wait to get back to days like last monday just hanging out with Wells around the house.

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio