2.28.2014

7 months

2.28.2014
One year ago today, I anxiously awaited the news of whether we were going to have a boy or girl. We handed a card for the sonographer to check boy or girl. During our ultrasound, I thought I saw something that led me to believe we were having a boy. My nerves didn't stop until we found out later that afternoon for sure. I was on cloud nine, mainly because I felt that much closer to my baby. My son. That day we both agreed on naming him Wells. 
Wells loves to climb. He climbs up on me and anything he can get a solid grip on. He is balancing pretty well on his feet if he is holding onto something. He pulls himself up on our activity table and a few of our chairs at home. He loves it when I let him stand for a few seconds and catch his fall. Sometimes when we've played with every toy we own, read every book, sang every song, this is my go-to move. Stand. Let go. Fall. Catch. And lots of giggles. 
Wells is still playing around with food. Sometimes while I'm making dinner I let him play with vegetables or fruit. He absolutely loves it like the above picture. (Ted had used my camera for work and had the date stamp on.) His favorite foods so far have been shredded chicken, cooked spinach, crisp lettuce, steamed broccoli, roasted tomatoes, handmade chicken sausage, and frozen fruit (kind of like a teether). He is funny about swallowing and I have to coach him through it telling him it's okay to swallow. Wells makes the best faces when he doesn't like a food or is surprised by flavor. I love it. Usually after the initial shock I can get him interested in it. We are still in the introduction and food is just for fun stage. I can't stress how much he loves water. He can hold his cup and pour into his mouth but is about three inches away from his face. He let's me give him sips with his hands down which works. 
Wells crawls on hands and knees but isn't as fast as if he's on his stomach just yet. He's working on his coordination. I hope when we move we have a more open floor plan. He loves crawling under the dinning table and into the kitchen. He loves when I sing silly songs to him. Wells has said mmmuuuummm and ahhhhhdddaaaaaaahhhhh which we are claiming as dad. He babbles when he's not distracted and all the time at home. When he hears me or Ted laugh, he starts laughing whether he's across the room from us or not. His new thing is holding his hands together and swinging his arms so he hits himself in the face and lap. It's weird and amusing. He is a pro at sitting in high chairs at home and when we are out. We are looking forward to starting swim classes this next month. Wells will have little taste to what our life will be in the Virgin Islands. I think he is going to love it.
This month we visited dad's office. We went as a family to the Please Touch Museum & Natural Science museum. Wells road on a carousel for the first time with Ted. He was neither amused or annoyed. We finally did away with the messed up sleep routine after our trip home. Thank god. We can't wait for spring and to visit all our favorite playgrounds again. Wells still doesn't have any teeth and his gums don't seem to bother him anymore. He has been transitioning to the church nursery slowly. He stays in the nursery on Tuesday nights when we are church and the last two Sunday's we've tested the nursery waters. He seems fine when he's not tired.
Ted and I both agree that Wells seems more connected with us socially now. It's like we can have a conversation even though he's not speaking yet. He just started waving hello, goodbye, and anytime he wants. He loves to give high fives but sometimes just puts his hand up for you to slap a good one on. 7 months. Time is flying. I'm starting to think about having a little birthday party for him before we move. It's going to be fun celebrating his life, the joy he brings, and our little gift from heaven.


No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio