2.19.2014

Finding Love

2.19.2014
How did I miss posting that my little brother is getting married. Big news. News that I'm so excited to share and celebrate. It's pretty cool and also a tad strange that my little brother is grown and getting married. Ted & I were younger than he is when we got married, but didn't feel that way. That's typical, I suppose. I've been talking to my brother about his plans of proposal for awhile. It was so fun to read the email string of excitement of his search for the perfect ring. When he found the one, he didn't need a second opinion at least I didn't think. He just knew. And, I love that.

Paul schemed up the whole proposal. I squirmed with excited and hoped the secret would seep out. This is out it happened. He prompted the wait staff and front of the house manager at the restaurant where they would have dinner. He asked their waiter to suggest they check out an art gallery down the street after dinner. It worked and after dinner they walked toward the art gallery. Upon walking up, Elizabeth heard music. Her favorite songs and out of the corner of her eye made out that her sister and two friends were playing the music. Cello, violin, guitar. Candles were lit. Paul dropped to one knee and asked the most important question of his life.

After she said yes, her parents came out from hiding and I'm sure they all cried. As the night rolled on, friends and family started strolling in for their engagement party Paul planned. It was a perfect evening. The only thing I would have changed is my attendance. I had waited and waited for this night to come. It was almost torture to sit and watch the olympic opening ceremonies while I knew this was going down. But, we facetimed in and got the vibe of the evening. Cheers to finding love.


No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio