6.18.2014

Learning curve

6.18.2014
Four days in.

I'd say the hardest thing to adjust to is  d r i v i n g.

Or riding, I have not drove yet and don't plan to until my car arrives on the island.

Narrow roads winding up and down the mountain are enough of a learning curve for me. Then, add on driving on the opposite side of the road with at times no guardrails to the side of the mountain. I admit, I have cried for my life. And, my little family. Probably half due to my irrational fear of heights, a little bit due to the driving situation, and the rest due to the stress of this whole move.

Yes, it is G O R G E O U S. I'm soaking in the views and sunshine. The resort is my bubble for now. I am not afraid of exploring out and slowly understanding which roads go where. There are no street signs. We get a better handle on them each day. I am not ready to drive or ride at night in the dark, but each day I see progress. I will feel much more confident in my own car. We purchased an island beater for Ted's work vehicle from a guy that transferred out of here. It is great for Ted to get to and from work and beneficial for us to get around since first arriving.

Cheers to new adventures and making it 'home' safely each day.


No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio