11.07.2014

There is always next year.

11.07.2014
Each year I think to myself 'next year you better up your game'. I tend to have a ton of ideas, but I'm not as crafty as some. I can craft. I am much better at buying. I believe it's because I think of the time, effort and supply list I need for crafts... seems like a pain most of the time. I'd rather buy it already packaged. Buying costumes isn't fun and my lack of interest in crafting usually leaves us running dry for halloween. And this year, Ted picked up a awfully tacky 'island' outfit from a tourist trap vendor in the open markets in town. Dressing Wells as a tourist with sunset colored shorts and button down silk outfit, camera around his neck (he wouldn't leave it on), rum punch bucket for treats (he ditched this too), blush for sunburn (kept sweating it off), and fanny pack. It was so hideous.

We spent our night at a coffee and ice cream shop that a friend of ours just opened in St. Thomas called Scoops and Brew. They have non dairy options, hallelujah. It was fun to see all the kids dressed up and running wild with a little sugar.

Ted and I looked at each other throughout the night to just laugh. Wells looked so tacky. His 'costume' was so ghetto. We couldn't help BUT laugh. Ek, maybe I should have put more effort into his costume. The only thing I have running is a a post each year of halloween fails. I'm posting the only photo I really captured of Wells by himself (no other kids) which is blurry. Whoops.

Welp, until next year...


1 comment :

Leslie S. said...

Hahahaha BEST costume EVER!!!

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio