11.27.2014

Wells Emerson

11.27.2014

Wells Emerson
from Tamara Ohman on Vimeo.

Two years ago, I sent my mom flowers to my grandmother's house on Thanksgiving. She was confused as to why. She did a victory arm throw to the news and dance that I edited out. I know, I know... the video is crazy bad, but I am still thankful to have it filmed. It is the next best thing to being there in person. Ted's sister, Kristina, filmed my mother-in-law finding out. Continuing into the video, I can't apologize for the length. I do apologize for some bad quality videos. I gathered videos from everywhere including snapchat. I had to fit hours of footage into less than ten minutes (my limit for myself). I tried five but could not do it. The video spans -9 months to 15 months of life.

My heart bursts with joy and gratitude for our little boy.

His giggles are the best.

The majority of my life I've shared a thanksgiving me with strangers, friends, and bystanders. Spending lots of Thanksgivings serving, feeding, and friending homeless people with either my immediate family or my friends. I can add countless invites, from friends and their families, to a warm meal to my thankful list. Although I miss family on holidays, I am so grateful for friends that share theirs with us.

Besides homemade dinner rolls and pecan pie, what I love about Thanksgiving is filling our hearts with gratitude and sharing it with others. Joining tables and sharing meals should always be this way, full hearts and full bellies.

What currently makes my life so full this Thanksgiving:

'Nice to meet you' hand shakes from Wells.
Bug repellant to keep the mosquitos away
How incredibly cuddly Wells is with both me and Ted.
Ted, period.

The short amount of time it takes to get ready this holiday. Sandals, shorts, tank. Check.
Sand in all the right places in the fall and coming into the winter season.
Adventure. This crazy yet so cool life we have and how we can to explore new places.
Food. I love food.

A good night of sleep.
Date nights.
Potted plants
Stain remover.

The postal service that delivers me all my online purchases.
Friends that send cards in the mail just because.
New friends. Sweet friends. Old friends. Visiting friends.
Cheesy grins from Wells and his constant 'Hellos'.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio