8.26.2015

September Starts Transition

8.26.2015

September starts our transition year of moving. First, we will receive a list of potential locations and jobs where we could move. We create a dream sheet, based upon the list, ranking locations by where we would prefer to go. You can see our list last time here.

By October, our list will be submitted and then we will wait. We wait a good four to five months until we receive an email with orders announcing the location.

When we find that out, we will have two to three months (because we plan to move May/June 2016) until we arrive at specified location.

Next summer, we will pack up our lives in St. Thomas, move somewhere fun (I'm counting on it!), house hunt, move in, and finally start creating a new home and new life again (which is really exciting to me still).

It all happens very fast. With young kids, it feels even faster. Poppy will be ten months when we move just like Wells was during our move to St. Thomas. It's a great age to transition with a baby. Wells will be almost three. I'm sure he will be sad to leave all his island friends, but I hope I can sway him easily with stateside amenities.

In September, Wells starts school. I really love the school we picked. They have a great toddler philosophy and program (it's not daycare). I hope he has a great year and enjoys his classroom. I know he will grow so much.

I am so thankful that I'll be able to spend some one on one time with Poppy while Wells is at school. (He will be in the half day program Monday-Friday.)

We already feel like our time here is running so short. We truly love it in St. Thomas. I know we will miss it so much. We have been creating a list of things that we must do before we leave. One by one, we plan to do them. We are equally looking forward to moving. It is truly bittersweet! I can't wait to shop end caps at Target, eat a good doughnut, get a chill from at blasting A/C in the mall, utilize Nordstrom's mother's room, bring my kids to a museum or just a good neighborhood park, and etc.

It's going to be a great year!

No comments :

Tamara Ohman + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio